Since we are currently not seeing our clients in person, the Jobs Ministry now offers individualized employment information and advice by email. Here is how we can help:
- Individualized job leads
- Date and location of upcoming job fairs
- Links to free job placement and support services
- Advice on resume and interview techniques
- Personal counseling on job retention skills
Clients will be assigned a job advisor who will contact them by email and may ask them to supply a resume or complete a questionnaire about past work experience and training. Once a client is in our online data base, they will receive general updates about employment opportunities in the area plus additional individualized guidance.
Contact: Carolyn Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a stressful time, especially if you are still or recently unemployed, but there are things you can do to prepare for entry or re-entry into the job market.
1) Continue to keep your eyes open for help wanted advertisements and announcements. Some companies such as Amazon, Kroger and Walmart are taking on extra employees, making this a good time to apply.
2) Contact past employers to see if you can use them as a reference. Collect the names, addresses and dates of your past employment and educational experiences.
3) Use online resources for job training instruction on interviews, resume writing, or productive work habits. Used well, these resources are a free education and preparation for your next job. Check the Lonestar College-Tomball Corporate College page at lonestar.emsicc.com.
Contact us for personalized help and visit Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministry’s website or Facebook page for current information about TEAM hours and assistance.
Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries