The Tomball Benevolence Network continues to widen as community connections are made.
- TBN welcomes the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd as a partner.
- A meeting was held with Communities in Schools (CIS) of Houston at Lone Star College. CIS is focused on social services and mental health for students, and TEAM will provide food and financial assistance as needed. TEAM gained additional knowledge on Lone Star resources.
- Cypress Creek Hospital, a psychiatric hospital with in-patient and out-patient programs, is now a partner of TBN.
- A “Hand Up” Committee is developing a program to help TEAM clients who desire to “move ahead” in their life. A Client Job Survey is underway at TEAM to determine the clients who are unemployed but want to work, and how many of those are interested in a career path versus just finding a job. This program will encompass education, job resources, personal development, etc. to guide our clients to success.
- More meetings are in the works with community leaders and businesses, as well as churches, so stay tuned. A lot is churning “behind the scenes” of TBN!
If you’re ready to learn more, contact Karen Guiles by email or by phone: (517) 648.4159.